Interaction Designer 3D/VR
Munich / Full-time
You’re passionate about innovating interactions for new technologies like VR? You’ve even had some first-hand experience? Then we’d love to have you join our team in Munich.
Delightex is a Munich-based startup founded by Eugene Belyaev, co-founder of JetBrains. We want to change the world of VR by making it possible for anyone and everyone to create their own content - no special design or coding skills needed. That is why we are developing CoSpaces, a 3D visualization tool that makes creating virtual spaces as easy as pie - even kids and teens can dive into their own virtual reality.
We value creative minds, diversity and people who bring in new ideas and mindsets. We see changes as new challenges and they are a part of our everyday work life. We work hard, but also make sure to keep a fun and awesome atmosphere!
You now have the opportunity to play a vital role in building out a new medium for computing and entertainment. As a designer, you’ll help create the future of Virtual Reality. You are a smart designer with a pragmatic and straight-forward approach. You also have an understanding of how form influences function and can weave motion into interactions and simplify complexity.
If all this sparked some excitement in you, then our design team, led by Thomas Gläser, co-founder of the push.conference, would be happy to join forces with you.
- Contribute to the overall vision and user strategy for the CoSpaces platform, from concept exploration through implementation
- Create interaction concepts and present them with sketches, wireframes and usable prototypes
- Build high fidelity prototypes independently and improve them through testing and user studies
- Design for multiple platforms like mobile VR, desktop, mobile or tablet
- Rationalize and justify design work clearly; advocate for users’ needs
- Work together closely with experienced developers to implement your concepts
- Bachelor or Master degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), HCI, Computer Science, Game Design, any related fields or equivalent practical experience
- High Proficiency with game engines (Unity or similar) to create prototypes for different target platforms
- Expertise in major design tools (Adobe CC, Sketch)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Know-how in designing and shipping software design experiences for multiple device types and contexts from idea to production
- Understanding of animation theory and skills for designing transitions
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience with interaction design
This is a plus
- Knowledge of 3D tools (C4D, Maya, Blender or similar)
- Experience in game design or game development