Education Specialist K-12
Munich, Germany or East Coast USA / Full-time
In your heart you never really left school? And you have a passion for teaching and combining this with the newest technologies? Then we’d love to have you join our team.
Delightex is a Munich-based startup founded by Eugene Belyaev, co-founder of JetBrains. We want to help change the world of education by making it possible for students and teachers to create their own immersive learning experiences. CoSpaces allows anyone to easily create virtual reality worlds and make them come to life through programming and animations. From storytelling, to presentations, to games – with CoSpaces students become creators. It fosters 21st century learning skills and offers a fun and engaging approach to learning
We, at Delightex, value creative minds, diversity and people who bring in new ideas and mindsets. We see changes as new challenges and they are a part of our everyday work life. We work hard, but also make sure to keep a fun and awesome atmosphere!
- Develop ideas and concepts to combine CoSpaces with the educational curriculum (K-12)
- Grow and manage a library of use cases according to subject, project and age
- Design lesson plans, courses and exercises
- Create support materials according to market needs (e.g. tutorials)
- Design engaging and motivating challenges that foster learning
- Gain an understanding of current CoSpaces use cases and create a framework around them
- Collaborate with teachers to compose effective learning experiences
- Research into best practices and teaching approaches
- Maintain an overview of existing, comparable platforms
- Exchange with existing users and adapt course designs according to learnings from the field
- Support teachers as they implement the lesson into their classrooms
- Develop exciting and engaging demos to grow interest and show the possibilities of the platform
- Build and manage a community of teachers to grow resources around CoSpaces
- Encourage schools and teachers to use CoSpaces in their projects
- Advocate the brand
- Degree in education
- Proven work record as a K-12 teacher (preferably STEM)
- Experience combining teaching and technology
- Ability to transfer complex theories into engaging exercises
- Experience in designing courses according to age and skill-level
- English native speaker
- Creative, keen to experiment and able to develop interesting content on your own
- Independent working style, flexible and able to handle multiple projects
This is a plus
- Experience with PBL (project-based learning)
- Previous work as a Tech Integration Specialist
- Interest in building things (yes, this is a job where it finally pays off that you excessively played “The Sims” as a kid)
- Knowledge in using social media channels for educational purposes
- Experience working in companies with an educational focus
- You speak German and, maybe, even more languages
Are you ready to make an impact?
Send us your CV and everything else we should know about you.Apply now firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, due to the large amount of applications we receive on a daily basis, we are not able to give status updates. If you are invited to an interview, you will generally hear from us within 2-3 weeks of submitting your application. Thank you for your understanding!
Why Delightex rocks
- Fast learning at a startup with a growing team of talented people
- Freedom to focus on what you’re really good at
- Interdisciplinarity - we surround ourselves with designers, developers and marketers to get the best support of all worlds.
- No bureaucracy, flat hierarchies, direct contact to the founder
- A highly innovative and creative working environment inspired by open source, lean startup and agile development mindset, where you can develop new ideas.
- Established, multi-device technology stack from which new products derive
- Close partnership with JetBrains
- Attractive payment