Munich / Full-time
You’re not only passionate about coding, but more than anything, teaching it to others? You know how to translate complex topics into engaging and fun learning experiences? Then we’d love to have you to join our team.
Delightex is a Munich-based startup founded by Eugene Belyaev, co-founder of JetBrains. We want to help change the world of education by making it possible for students and teachers to create their own immersive learning experiences. CoSpaces allows anyone to easily create virtual reality worlds and make them come to life through programming and animations. From storytelling, to presentations, to games – with CoSpaces students become creators. It fosters 21st century learning skills and offers a fun and engaging approach to learning.
We, at Delightex, value creative minds, diversity and people who bring in new ideas and mindsets. We see changes as new challenges and they are a part of our everyday work life. We work hard, but also make sure to keep a fun and awesome atmosphere!
- Teach / Introduce the fundamental concepts of computer science using the platform CoSpaces
- Develop a curriculum for programming with CoSpaces / on the basis of CoSpaces
- Design lesson plans, courses and exercises according to age and school level (elementary to secondary school level)
- Create support materials according to market needs (e.g. tutorials)
- Design engaging and motivating challenges that foster learning
- Research into best practices and teaching approaches (for programming lessons in schools)
- Maintain an overview of existing, comparable platforms
- Exchange with existing users and adapt course designs according to learnings from the field
- Encourage schools to offer computer science courses using CoSpaces
- Develop exciting and engaging demos to grow interest and show the possibilities of the platform
- Give regular internal feedback with regard to coding features
- Support in building and further developing the product
- Degree in education
- Proven work record as a computer science teacher
- Ability to transfer complex theories into engaging exercises
- Experience in designing courses according to age and skill-level
- English native speaker (or skill level comparable to a native speaker)
- Creative, keen to experiment and able to develop interesting content on your own
- Independent working style, flexible and able to handle multiple projects
This is a plus
- Interest in building things (yes, this is a job where it finally pays off that you excessively played “The Sims” as a kid)
- Knowledge in using social media channels for educational purposes
- Experience in working in companies with an educational focus
- You speak German and, maybe, even more languages
Why Delightex rocks
- Fast learning at a startup with a growing team of talented people
- Freedom to focus on what you’re really good at
- Interdisciplinarity - we surround ourselves with designers, developers and marketers to get the best support of all worlds.
- No bureaucracy, flat hierarchies, direct contact to the founder
- A highly innovative and creative working environment inspired by open source, lean startup and agile development mindset, where you can develop new ideas.
- Established, multi-device technology stack from which new products derive
- Close partnership with JetBrains
- Attractive payment